FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Restaurant 88 Steamboat Buffet

Finally, my elder sis and her boyf brought me to 88 Steamboat Buffet Restaurant for dinner last night as I've been nagging almost everyone non stop since a month ago to bring me there :D

We were there quite early cause this place would usually be fully packed by 6pm. We chose to sit by the corridor as the sun was still scouring hot at that time. Practically 88 steamboat buffet offers 3 in 1 buffet deal – steamboat, grill and BBQ. For steamboat, the restaurant offers tom yam soup and clear stock soup as well.

#1. The steamboat & grill set filled with Tom Yam soup  

#2. A mini BBQ pit with charcoal set up at the side of our table 

#3. Utensils and butter wrapped up in plastics (: 

#4. The various types of marinated chicken, beef, mutton and squids to grill, satays, chicken wings (marinated with pepper & curry respectively) and skewered prawns for the barbeque pit, and an assortment of fishballs, seafood, dumplings, tofu and etc. for the steamboat.
#5. Not to forget some greens and mushrooms! Speaking of mushroom, they have at least 5 different types of it.
This restaurant disallowed customers from taking photos in their restaurant so that pretty much explains the limited photos of the buffet spread and the restaurant itself. They have a row of freezers and tables where you can find a variety of food ranging from seafood, marinated meat, mushrooms, vegetables, assorted balls for steamboats, hams, noodles, eggs and dipping sauce. They even have an aquarium for live prawns(!) but I didn't try it cause it makes me feel cruel to eat them alive T_T
#5. Now let the cooking begins! :D 

#6. Thumbs up for the chicken satay and chicken wings YUMS 

#7. The soup tasted fine and it's not that spicy. 

#8. Sizzling black pepper beef and curry marinated chicken.

#9. Refillable soft drinks, chinese tea & fruit juices.  

#10. Skewered prawns with some butter on top but then it wasn't really that fresh, meh :/ 

#11. Time to eat OMNOMNOMZ

#12. It wouldn't be complete w/o icecreams for dessert! They have at least 10 different flavours to choose from, I kid you not. 
From this giant amount of food, it only costs RM23.80 per adult, RM18.80 per student & RM9.80 per children. Totally worth it, don't you think? Definitely worth another visit or many more to come. No photos of me cause I was busy eating and I am kind enough to not ruin your appetite with the sweaty looking me who smelled like grilled meat at the end of the meal LOL



Restoran 88 Steamboat Buffet (No pork served)
59, Lorong Batu Nilam 21B,
Bandar Bukit Tinggi,
41200 Klang, Selangor
Tel: 012 772 0400 (Reservation is not available on Public Holidays, Eve of Public Holidays and Weekends**)
Operating Hours: 6pm – 12am

xx

6 comments:

thedeadcockroach said...

Wow, looks good! Now I feel like going for steamboat!

crazywrazy said...

Hilda, I would say that this steamboat restaurant is very clean hygiene wise, the portion of food looks alright; fresh and alright. The soup should be fine with kids; but I prefer spicy soup :) Awesome post indeed!

Qi Wen said...

I'm a huge steamboat fan! Now I have another choice, likes this post.. Love the variety of food choice there :D

Bernard Chung said...

So tempting sial!

Lemon said...

Wow u stay at Bukit Tinggi ah!!! I must have been away from home for a long time. That shop looks new to me! LOL

Small Kucing said...

wow....very tempting leh.

Hmmm...weird policy dont let ppl take photo. Most restaurant very happy if ppl take photo. Means can promote for them.