It's time to update about my weekly bake, was supposed to blog last few days but I procrastinate as usual HEH So here goes! Well, if you followed me on Instagram (username: hildamildaa), you should have known what did I bake last week (:
Once in a while, I will crave for marble cake, no idea why but I just do. Not really a healthy option but no harm indulging something sinful sometimes *chuckles in denial mode* As I was looking for recipes to bake that day, I saw this marble cake recipe. It doesn't look complicated, so I decided to give it a try! Since my family love butter cake as well. It's just like any typical butter cake, just that it requires extra few steps to make the marble effect. The ingredients are pretty easy to get too.
4 egg yolks
180g self-raising flour
2tbsp cocoa powder
4 egg whites
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat the oven to 160C.
- Beat the butter and sugar before adding in the egg yolks and milk.
- Then in a separate bowl, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar, add sugar gradually.
- Add in the egg whites (second batter in step 3) into the first batter, beat until well incorporated before adding in the flour.
- Remove 1/3 of the batter into another bowl, add in cocoa powder and fold well.
- Pour 1/2 of the original batter into a lined cake pan. Next pour in the cocoa batter. Finally pour in the remaining original batter.
- Use a chopstick to create some random designs (this is where the fun part is) on the batter (basically just draw some circles) to create the marble effect. The messier the better. You can also add a few drops of the cocoa batter on top so it doesn't look so plain on top.
- Lastly, bake in oven for 50 mins.
|Erupted like a volcano, it doesn't look appealing T__T Probably the temperature was too high LOL|
|Marbling effect wasn't that prominent too but I guess it's okay? HEHE cause I think I was pretty safe, I didn't make it messy.|
|Close up of the sinful and moist marble cake I made :D|
Till then, happy baking!