FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Hair Makeover @ Peek-a-boo, The Curve

Well, I guess most of you should know about my recent hair make-over since I've posted photos on my Instagram and Facebook. Surprisingly, people seems to like my new hair (thank you for all the kind words, I'm really flattered HEH) and I'm glad that there's no nasty comment being thrown at me...yet. I felt that it's quite a drastic makeover because I finally decided to cut my hair short. Yes, short. Even my friends are shocked but yeah it's time for a change.

The last photo of me in my long hair taken while I'm on my way to the salon.
 I would be lying if I said I didn't miss it. 
Thanks to Hideaki Lim and Peek-a-boo for inviting me over to have my X'mas hair done. I've heard a lot about them before but never had to chance to try their services. They have another branch in TTDI and Kota Damansara as well. It's pretty easy to spot this unique looking hair salon opposite Metrojaya.
Don't you love their shiny Peek-a-boo sign? (; 



Peek-a-boo has been in this industry for almost 13 years and won numerous international hair dressing awards and they are also the official media partner of 8TV quickies. Their excellent services and hair-do has been featured in various magazines and newspapers where you can check it out here and here. Their aim is to make every client walk away looking and feeling fabulous.

At Peek-a-boo, they always strive to give their client the best even if it's just a regular hair cut or perm or treatment. They are constantly putting in much effort in training their young talented and inspired future stylists into the new era of hair styling, which are also call the new Gen P (Generation Peek-A-Boo). 
You can bring along your friends or girl/boyfriends since they have this comfy waiting area with free wifi and coffee. 

Peek-a-boo uses only Shiseido, L’oreal, Schwarzkopf, Nioxin, Joico, and Kerastase hair products. 

The salon is large and spacious to accommodate more customers but it's still better to ring them up for appointment to secure a place. You will be served hot tea and there's an individual plug at each seat for you to charge your electronic gadgets and also tons of magazines to keep you company.



I was brought to the VIP room when I reached and since I was late, Hideaki has his hair done first. Hideaki Lim, the renowned cyber fashion designer is the ambassador of Peek-a-boo and it was an honour to have my hair makeover done with him.
And that's our hairstylist, Jeffrey who will work his magic on our hair that day. All of the products used that day were by Shiseido.

Hideaki, getting cool perm after his hair cut. 

So, as usual a photo of my BEFORE hair length. 
The initial plan was to actually have the rebonding treatment which is a combination of rebonding and treatment since my hair is very badly damaged and frizzy. This time round, I won't be dying my hair cause it would be too damaging. I told him some of my major concern especially the obvious 'bald line' and how I want my hair to look thicker and more volumnized. After Jeffrey analyzed my hair, he thought that it's better to cut it short and perm it because the rebonding treatment will make my hair looks even more flat.  At first, I was contemplating when I first heard the word 'cut'. With Jeffrey being a professional stylist who has been in the industry for almost 10 years, I had no doubt and I knew I was in good hands. I told him to just go ahead with what he had in mind for me. 
And with that one snip, there's no turning back. 
Saying goodbye to my locks T____T


I'm getting a cool perm as well.
I often have this misconception that perming requiring steaming and all those high-tech gadgets that will require long hours of sitting in the salon. Yet mine only takes 20 minutes to get a permanent result with no heating required! 
Some final trimming before styling his new hair. 
Another 10 minutes for the chemical to settle in after the first wash. After the perm, I had treatment too!
So are you ready to see the result?


.............................






.................







....


TADAAAAAAAAAAAAA!


My new shoulder length hair. I think a good hairstylist is one who clearly understands what you want and able to deliver it to you at the same time and Jeffrey did a really good job here. Thanks to him, my hair is now light and kawaiibouncy!
Loving this big mirror in the salon and loving my new hair more (: Got korean feel or not? HAHAHA

Hideaki's before (UP) and after (BELOW) photo. Thicker and more volumnized hair too!



Good news for my readers! Mention my name, HILDA and find Professional Hairstylist, Jeffrey at Peek-a-boo The Curve to get a 10% discount off on hair cut and chemical services. Don't forget to share with me your experience with Peek-a-boo as well!

Hair cut: RM75
Wash & Blow: RM38 (No discount)
Colour (1 tone : RM150 and above
Cold Wave: RM200 and above
Hair Treatment: RM180 and above

PEEK-A-BOO (The Curve) 
Lot 256, 2nd Floor,
6 Jalan PJU7/3 Mutiara Damansara,
47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan.
Contact Number: +603-7725 2912
Website: www.peekaboo.com.my
Facebook Official Page: https://www.facebook.com/PeekabooMalaysia
Instagram Page: http://instagram.com/peekaboomalaysia

So tell me, what do you think? YAY or NAY? 
xx

8 comments:

Camy said...

nic eniceee! very cuteee!

LauraLeia said...

Love your fluffy bouncy curls! :D I think you're really brave to follow his suggestion and cut your hair until this length O__O

SuFang (Careen) said...

Kawaii! :D

Diana Diane Teo said...

Yay! Your new hair makeover match your top as well. Wave style! Hahhaa. If not mistaken, you bought from Taiwan, right?

Kelvin -KtheBlogger- Tan said...

I like long hair better

Anonymous said...

You look great with the new hair ! :D

Unknown said...

you are super brave !
nice one, anyway ... :)

from FrankieRoseUni
http://frankieroseuni.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hi Hilda,

I'm Leona, I saw your post about Peek A Boo salons on your blog, that's a wondering copy writing. I'm wondering if I can use the photos of the salons that you posted? It can be really helpful to me on the project I'm doing. Your approval will be much appreciated.


Cheers,
Leona