FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM

Thursday, July 3, 2014

G Tower Ramadhan Buffet Preview 2014

Hey guys!

I'm currently back in my hometown which explain my sudden hiatus again. Life is back to being mundane where my routine only involves eat, sleep, laze repeat. And yes, the fasting season is here again :D I guess I need to head to the Ramadhan bazaar one of these days. Speaking of which, I was invited again to the G Tower Ramadhan Buffet Media Preview back in May this year. Can't believe it's been a year!   

This year round, G Tower will be spoiling you with an extensive range of scrumptious daily iftar with selection of up to 100 Malaysian style dishes and Moroccan fusion to choose from. Celebrity Chef, Chef Johnny Fua and his team will be preparing halal local delicacies for this Ramadhan period that will promise you and your tummy a delightful and satisfying meal.  




Assorted Kerabu and fresh vegetables for ulam. 

Quinoa Salad.

Rojak Pasembur. 

The first thing that I was finding for was this Bubur Lambuk and I was so glad that they still have it this year. I first tried it last year and I just had to have it again, it still tasted the same! 


Specially prepared for the pastry lovers! 
Few of the breads available are soft roll breads, Pita Bread, Panini Bread and Garlic Naan Bread.

Move on to carbo-loading feast with the main dishes at the Hot From The Claypot buffet line.

Chicken Cous Cous.


Gulai Kembong with Timun Kuning.

Harissa Lamb Spice.

Stir Fried Mushroom.

Chili Prawn. 

The highlight of the buffet spread will be the all time Ramadhan must have delicacies, The Roasted Lamb, Baked Big Giant Grouper and Baked Red Snapper with Tamarind Sauce.

The fish was really fresh and baked to perfection. The flesh was still moist and juicy YUMS
Baked Giant Grouper.

Baked Red Snapper.

The succulent roasted lamb with arabic rice.
Somehow, the roasted lamb this year was a slight disappointment, the lamb was not tender enough and I had quite a hard time chewing it. Maybe it was just that night, but taste wise, it was still good (: 

They have live cooking station as well serving Curry Mee and Bandung Mee.
Since I was not in the mood for spicy food, I opted for Bandung Mee instead since I never tried it.
Just so you know, Bandung Mee is originally from Muar, Johor not Bandung, Indonesia :P  
The broth was quite thick and is made of a mixture of chilli, onion, spices, and dried shrimp. It had more of a sweet taste rather than spicy taste. Definitely something new to me and it's best eaten when served hot.

And how can we miss out the all time favourite Satay with peanut sauce! 

A meal is never complete without dessert, so make sure you save some space for dessert! Their dessert did not disappoint me at all as they have quite an impressive selection of desserts this year with featuring both local and western dessert served on the dessert counter.

Freshly sliced local fruits and bread pudding. 

Traditional biscuits and colourful macaroons. 

Clockwise: Cheese Tarts, Mini Pavlova, Baklava and Lemon Curd.

Traditional kuih, chilled sago and more sweet treats.
I enjoyed the dessert equally as the main dishes, tantalizing indeed! 

Last but not least, don't forget to sip a cup of Teh Tarik or coffee while you sit back and relax after the fulfilling meal. 


The buffet spread is better compared to last year's as they have more variety this year and the quality of the food is still on par. How I wish I have bigger tummy to try them all out! So do drop by G Tower for an amazing Ramadhan gastronomic journey with them! The Ramadhan Buffet is available at Mezzanine Floor of G Tower daily from 6pm to 10pm. Price starts from RM90++ per person and RM45++ for children. Special group discount is available if you're planning for a Ramadhan gathering with your family and friends :D Make your reservation today via email fnb.admin@gtower.my or call them at 03 2168 1919 ext 7040

Selamat berpuasa to all the Muslims!

P/S: Photo credits to official photographer of the Ramadhan Buffet Preview.

xx

No comments: